Final Reminders to Close Out the 2018 Reporting Year
December 19, 2018
2018 is coming to an end and so is the reporting time period for both the Medicaid and Medicare EHR Incentive Program/Promoting Interoperability. Be sure you have ALL of your documentation compiled and ready to submit when your state’s SLR (Medicaid) or QNet (Hospital Medicare) is open. For Medicaid SLR dates and deadlines, see our blog from 12/3, and for Medicare hospital dates and deadlines via Qnet, see our blog from 11/1. Also, before the end of the year, make sure you have your supporting audit documentation collected and necessary screen shots taken.
Year End Reminders:
- Confirm and document your EHR certification number.
- Collect supporting documentation of measures requiring a YES/NO attestation.
- Print out or save electronically your EHR reports that display your numerator, denominator and any exclusions.
- Ensure your Security Risk Analysis is updated and complete for the year.
- Attain documentation to prove the0 level of engagement with your public health reporting entities.
For more detailed information on the 2018 reporting requirements for Eligible Hospitals, see our blog from 4/16, and for Eligible Providers, see our blog from 6/28.
*Some Medicaid requirements are determined by your State Medicaid office, so you’ll want to double check with your State Medicaid office to verify their specific criteria.
If you have any questions or run into issues with any of the meaningful use objectives and would like help, please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Patty Kosednar directly with your questions or comments.