Medicare Eligible Hospital (EH)- Important Dates and Deadlines for Promoting Interoperability Attestation
November 1, 2018
Below are attestation dates and deadlines for eligible hospitals for the 2018 reporting year for Promoting Interoperability (PI). Also included are reporting reminders if you are in your 90-day reporting period.
Deadlines for EH Medicare PI:
- November 30th, 2018: Deadline for Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) to submit hardship exception forms based on the 2017 reporting year.
- January 2nd, 2019: QualityNet Secure Portal (QNet) will open for 2018 PI attestations. Medicare eligible hospitals and CAHs will submit PI reporting data to QNet, which is the same system used for CQM reporting – you can attest both promoting interoperability and quality attestation in one place.
- February 28th, 2019: eCQM’s submitted via the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program must be submitted via the QualityNet Secure Portal. (For more information on CQM reporting requirements, see our blog post from 8/9.)
90-Day Reporting Reminders:
If you are currently in the middle of your 90-day reporting period, here are some of the tasks to keep in mind:
- Know the requirements: Centers for Medical & Medicaid Services (CMS) reporting requirements for 2018
- Know your baseline, run your 2018 Promoting Interoperability reports.
- Identify areas needing improvement and create a plan to correct them.
- If you have questions or need help with EIDM registration or login issues, contact the QNet Help Desk at 1-866-288-8912/ TTY: 1-877-715-6222 OR Qnetsupport@hcqis.org
EH – For more detailed information for Eligible Hospitals for 2018 PI reporting, see our blog from 9/7.
EP – For more detailed information for Eligible Providers for 2018 PI (Medicaid) reporting, see our blog from 6/28.
If you have any questions or run into issues with any of the Meaningful Use objectives and would like help, please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Patty Kosednar directly with your questions or comments.