Medicaid Eligible Providers (EP) – Program Requirements and Important Deadlines for Promoting Interoperability (PI)
December 3, 2018
Below are the details for eligible providers attesting to the Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program for calendar year 2018, including last-minute tasks to complete before the end of the year and the State Level Registry (SLR) attestation submission deadlines.
For providers continuing to report PI under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, here are the requirements for 2018.
2018 Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Summary
- Providers can choose to report requirements for Modified Stage 2 or Stage 3 (your choice)
- You must use 2015 or a combination of 2014/2015 certified EHR technology to report to Stage 3, 2014 certified EHR for Modified Stage 2
- The reporting period for 2018 will again be a continuous 90-day period within the 2018 calendar year
- Stage 2 program requirements (10 Core Objectives) are located on the CMS website
- Stage 3 program requirements (eight Core Objectives) are located on the CMS website
Please note: Some Medicaid requirements are determined by your State Medicaid office, so you will want to double check with your state Medicaid office to verify their specific criteria.
2018 Tasks for EP Medicaid EHR Incentive Program
- Confirm and document Medicaid Eligibility for providers
- Confirm and document your EHR certification
- Run PI Objective and Clinical Quality Measures (CQM) data reports
- Continue to work on data entry/workflows for measures not meeting thresholds
- Perform tasks and create audit documentation for the “yes/no” core objectives
- Verify all State Level Repository (SLR) logins and passwords
- Compile and finalize all PI audit documentation
- Attest 2018 Medicaid EHR Incentive program data via your SLR
2018 Attestation Submission Dates in SLRs: Below are the available attestation submission dates for Mountain Pacific’s covered states:
- Alaska: January 7th – March 7th, 2019
- Hawaii: January 2nd – March 31st 2019
- Montana: January 1st – March 31st, 2019
- Wyoming: January 1st – March 31st, 2019
Eligible Providers: For more detailed information for EPs for 2018 PI Medicaid reporting, see our blog from 6/28.
If you have any questions or run into issues with any of the meaningful use objectives and would like help, please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Patty Kosednar directly with your questions or comments.