Mountain-Pacific Quality Health
Quality Improvement Organization
Under the direction of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Mountain-Pacific Quality Health is the Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) for Montana, Wyoming, Hawaii, Alaska and the U.S. Pacific Territories of Guam and American Samoa and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
We partner with health care providers, practitioners, stakeholders, patients and their families in these states and territories. Why? To help make care safer, to help make our communities healthier and to ultimately lower health care costs.
Together with local partners in each of the states and territories we serve, we work to:
- Provide safer care for hospital patients by preventing infections related to health care
- Provide safer care for nursing home residents by preventing conditions related to long-term care
- Improve the coordination of care from one health care setting to another to reduce the number of unnecessary hospital admissions and readmissions
- Improve the wellbeing of and care provided to people with cardiovascular health issues
- Improve the wellbeing of and care provided to people with diabetes, pre-diabetes or at risk of getting diabetes
- Help providers with the use of electronic health records (EHRs) and health information technology (HIT) so they can meet the requirements of the Medicare EHR Incentive Program
- Help providers better understand how to achieve quality improvement goals relating to quality data reporting and incentive programs
Please browse our website for exciting opportunities to learn, share and collaborate. We can make care safer, help patients and their families be partners in their health care and make care more affordable.