Two-Minute Warning for MIPS
October 13, 2017
Written by Catherine Nelson
The 2017 NFL football season is in full swing. And so is the 2017 MIPS reporting season! October 2 marked the start date of the MIPS fourth-quarter reporting.
For 2017, you can participate in one of three ways:
- Submit data covering a full year, or
- Submit data covering at least a consecutive 90-day period, or
- Submit a minimum amount of data (<90 days)
Data collection should have begun no later than October 2, 2017, to report 90 consecutive days of data for the transition year. For example, if you are planning to submit 90 days or more of your quality data via your claims, you needed to begin adding the applicable quality data codes to your claims no later than October 2.
If you participate in MIPS by submitting data for at least 90 days, you avoid the negative payment adjustment, and may still be eligible for a positive payment adjustment.
When is data submission?
You will begin submitting your 2017 MIPS performance data January 2 through March 31, 2018. If you are eligible to participate but choose not to submit data, you’ll get a negative 4% payment adjustment, which will go into effect on January 1, 2019.
Need a playbook to help you participate in MIPS?
- Use the MIPS Look-Up Tool on the QPP website to determine whether you should participate in MIPS.
- Review resources available in the CMS QPP Resource Library, including A Quick Start Guide to Participating in MIPS.
- Take the Mountain-Pacific online needs assessment on our QPP tools and resources page. Upon completion of the needs assessment, we can help you with a customized MIPS action plan at no cost to you.
- Contact the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or at 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222).
Let’s go, MIPS!
Have more questions? Need help?
Complete our on-line readiness assessment! It will only take a few minutes to provide us with information to create a customized action plan for you and your practice to be successful in MIPS in 2017 and beyond.
Remember, Mountain-Pacific is on your team and can help you with any questions you might have.Leave a reply, ask a question or share information using the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Sharon Phelps directly with your questions or comments.