HTS Resources Links
Chronic Care Management
Chronic care management (CCM) is a critical component of primary care that contributes to better outcomes and higher satisfaction for patients and providers. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recognizes CCM takes time and effort. CMS established separate billing codes for payment for the additional time and resources you spend to provide the between-appointment help many of your Medicare and dual-eligible (Medicare and Medicaid) patients need to stay on track with their treatments and care plans. CCM payments can be made for services furnished to patients
- with two or more chronic conditions and who
- are at significant risk of death,
- have acute exacerbation/decompensation or
- are in functional decline.
- Medicare Chronic Care Management (CCM) tip sheet
- Medicare Transitional Care Management (TCM) fact sheet
- Medicare Care Managements FAQs for RHCs and FQHCs
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visit factsheet
- Review of Opioid Use during the Initial Preventive Physical Examination (IPPE) and Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
Services that combine clinical best practices, the use of health information technology (HIT) and electronic data.
Check out our PI, MIPS, CPC+, eCQI, ABS Collaborative and HIPAA resources.