New Medicare MU Attestation Deadline for Hospitals
February 27, 2018
Written by Patty Kosednar
Mountain-Pacific just received the announcement from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) extending the Meaningful Use (MU) attestation deadline for hospitals to March 16, 2018. Following is the entire announcement from CMS:
The Medicare eligible hospital and critical access hospital (CAH) attestation deadline has been changed from Wednesday, February 28, 2018, to Friday, March 16, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. This extension is being granted to provide hospitals additional time to submit attestation data and eCQM data.
Eligible hospitals and CAHs attesting to CMS for the EHR Incentive Program must submit data through the QualityNet Secure Portal (QNet).
- Medicaid eligible hospitals should contact their state Medicaid agencies for specific information on how to attest.
- Dually eligible hospitals and CAHs will register and attest for Medicare on QNet and update and submit registration information in the Registration and Attestation System.
Get Attestation Help
CMS has a variety of resources to help you complete the attestation process:
- Attestation Demonstration Video — a video demonstration of the QNet attestation process from a recent CMS webinar. Slides and transcripts from the demonstration webinars are also available on the Eligible Hospital Information page.
- QNet Enrollment User Guide — a guide for creating and updating QNet accounts to prepare for Medicare attestation. The user guide includes step-by-step instructions for creating a new account on QNet.
- QNet User Role Management Guide — a guide for updating provider and administrator QNet accounts with the appropriate user account “roles” required for attestation.
- QNet Hospital Registration and Attestation User Guide — a guide for registering for attestation on QNet.
- QNet Hospital Objectives and Clinical Quality Measures User Guide — a guide for navigating the data submission process on QNet.
QNet Help Desk
For help with registration and attestation on QNet, contact the QNet Help Desk rather than the EHR Incentive Program Information Center. The QNet Help Desk is available 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
Phone: (866) 288-8912
TTY: (877) 715-6222
Fax: (888) 329-7377
If you have any questions or run into issues with any of the meaningful use objectives and would like help, please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Patty Kosednar directly with your questions or comments.