More Info on Hospitals MU Submission Via QNet
November 6, 2017
Written by Patty Kosednar
Beginning January 2, 2018, eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) attesting to the Medicare EHR Incentive program will submit their 2017 Medicare meaningful use (MU) attestations through the QualityNet Secure Portal (QNet).
Enroll and Update Your QNet Account
Beginning in October:
- Eligible hospitals and CAHs attesting to CMS (Medicare EHR Incentive Program)who are new to the QNet system need to enroll to create a QNet account and select the MU option.
- Eligible hospitals and CAHs attesting to CMS (Medicare EHR Incentive Program) who are existing QNet users need to select the MU option in their QNet accounts.
For a step-by-step guide to enrolling in QNet and adding the MU option to your QNet account, review the QualityNet Secure Portal Enrollment and Login User Guide.
Following highlights the data submission process for Medicare and Medicaid eligible hospitals and CAHs in 2018, for the 2017 EHR Incentive Program attestation period:
- Medicare eligible hospitals and CAHs will use QNet to submit meaningful use attestations.
- Medicaid-only hospitals and CAHs need to update their registration through the Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Registration and Attestation System and coordinate with their respective state Medicaid agencies to submit their meaningful use attestation.
- Dually eligible hospitals and CAHs (both first-time participants and returning participants) will need to register or update their registration with both QNet and the Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Registration and Attestation System (NLR).
For Medicaid information specific to your state, contact your State Level Registry.
If you have any questions, or run into issues with any of the meaningful use objectives and would like help, please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Patty Kosednar directly with your questions or comments.