Road to Reducing Avoidable Hospital Admissions/Readmissions Nursing Home Collaborative
Please upload your commitment letter, committee roster, pre-assessment or post-assessment here.
On the Road to Reducing Avoidable Hospital Admissions/Readmissions:
A New Nursing Home Collaborative!
We all have a role to play in reducing preventable hospital admissions and readmissions. That’s why Mountain-Pacific Quality Health invites you to join us on the Road to Reducing Avoidable Hospital Admissions/ Readmissions Nursing Home Collaborative to pitch in and do our part, while meeting Medicare nursing home quality care measures along the way.
To reduce hospital admissions and readmissions by 5%
Collaborative activities will include:
- Monthly training via free webinars
- Sharing of tools, best practices, successes and challenges with fellow nursing homes and colleagues
- Use of INTERACT® tools to implement admission/readmission reduction interventions
- Coaching and other support to help you understand readmission measures for nursing homes
Commitment period: September 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019
Participating in this eight-month journey will allow nursing home staff to improve their knowledge on readmission quality measures and identify strategies to prevent avoidable hospital
- Read through this packet to learn more about the collaborative.
- Complete the commitment agreement and submit to Pat Fritz at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 31.
- Establish a reducing hospital admissions and readmissions committee to create a successful program at your facility.
- Track and trend Medicare Fee-for-Service 30-day hospital admissions and readmissions data.
- Participate in the monthly training webinars with Mountain-Pacific and other subject matter experts. Learn about available tools and evidence-based best practices, share your successes and challenges and stay on track to reach your quality measure goals!
Let’s get started!
The collaborative kickoff webinar is Friday, September 7 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM MT.